Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Puzzle Frenzy

I probably haven't mentioned that our family has been fairly active in doing puzzles lately. We got into the habit of doing puzzles during the Christmas break, and we've often had a puzzle going under the see-through plastic covering of our kitchen table. Little J and I are the most devoted puzzlers, working a little bit each day. Josh only gets involved when a particular puzzle catches his eye. Everyone else pretends for the most part that the puzzles don't exist.

Strangely, when the end of a puzzle is in sight, everyone starts getting involved. I will work virtually alone for hundreds of pieces at a time. About the time that there are 300 pieces left, Little J starts getting more interested. Then when there are about 50 pieces left, everyone comes over and the frenzy begins. When we finished one off this weekend, it got so crowded that I was completely squeezed out. Everyone was fighting over putting in the last piece. J-girl always tries to put in the last piece, and if she isn't successful, she will take out a piece and put it back in, claiming that she "finished" the puzzle. Then Little J usually starts shouting that it's not fair, and Josh grabs for his own piece to put in last. I just quietly leave the room shaking my head. I don't want to be around when there's blood in the water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you could buy puzzles that are like 50% done already. I think that would solve your problems.