Sunday, January 4, 2009

I'll take your word on that

We came out of church today and it was bitter cold. The roads were solid sheets of ice and the wind was blowing. Little Julia, the same girl known for spontaneously dishing out noogies in singing time, was wearing a thin little coat over her dress as she crossed the parking lot. I asked her if she was going to walk home, and she said that she was. I encouraged her to get a ride home with her parents so she wouldn't freeze to death. She gave me a fearless, toothless grin, and said, "I won't get cold. I could take off all of my clothes and be naked in the snow and I'd be all right." I didn't have anything to say to that. Knowing Julia, she might actually be speaking from experience.

3 comments:

Lacking Productivity said...

If you are naked in the snow, your mind is not on the cold, you don't even notice it.

Chlorine Addict said...

No, you're still cold.

McKenzie Ann said...

Umm...it depends on what you're doing. :-)